(852) 2711 9930
Last Updated: 01 Nov 2021
M CONSULTING GROUP LIMITED and its associated companies (collectively,"Our Company") respect your privacy and will collect, use and process your personal data in accordance with this Personal Data Privacy Statement and the requirements under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the"Ordinance"). You shall read this Personal Data Privacy Statement carefully so as to ensure that you fully and clearly understand the contents herein.
Collection of Personal Data Statement
1. Our Company may collect your personal data in several ways whenever Our Company provides the Services to you, and will use and process your personal data for the purposes described in this Personal Data Privacy Statement. If Our Company wishes to use and process your personal data for any other purpose, Our Company will further provide you with the relevant information on that other purpose and will obtain your consent before using and/or processing such information. The Services shall mean the media platform(s) (including Our Company's website, myob.hk ("Our Website")), application(s) (including mobile device application), e-paper, software, membership registration/registered user, personalization services, classified post, promotion, games and/or any other products/services provided by Our Company.
2. Whenever you use the Services, which may include access to Our Website, use or download of any downloadable software or submission of contents via Our Website, you are deemed to have read this Personal Data Privacy Statement and agree to allow Our Company to collect, use and/or process your personal data in accordance with this Personal Data Privacy Statement.
3. Our Company will collect your personal data which includes your name, email address, data of birth, gender, age, occupation, contact phone number, postal address, personal or household income, education level or credit card information.
4. For security reason or Services need, Our Company will collect some other information from you, such as the place of residence, nickname, login password, answers to two questions for login password and personal assets. In addition, whenever you use the Services, Our Website will collect, receive and record from your computer and web browser or the device used by you some other information including the general information about users, Cookies information, the Universally Unique Identifier (abbreviation UUID), Internet Protocol Address (abbreviation IP Address), location information, browsing record, device model and version and social media identity information. For the avoidance of doubt, all the information collected from you by Our Company in accordance with this Personal Data Privacy Statement including the personal data and some other information as mentioned in paragraphs 3 and 4 above will be treated as personal data.
Purpose of collection and use of personal data
5. Our company will collect your personal data for the following purposes (or any one of them):
5.1 provision of the Services to you and administration and management of the Services to you;
5.2 processing the application for membership or registered user and administration of the members' /registered users' account;
5.3 identifying and verifying your identity to ensure that you have the right to use the Services;
5.4 conducting follow-up and handling all the matters in relation to the Services, such as contact, enquiry and complaint;
5.5 carrying out promotion and providing you with new information and other information (including notifying you Our Company's goods/services);
5.6 conducting survey, data analysis or carrying out research to enable Our Company to understand your or other users' needs, upgrading or improving the quality of Services, business development and customization of the Services;
5.7 investigation of complaints or claims;
5.8 registration and administration of the promotional activities, games or competition conducted by Our Company alone or together with other third party;
5.9 consolidation of other information to carrying out analysis for exploring business opportunities or introducing the Services to any potential business partner, advertiser or third party and all the related purposes;
5.10 prevention and detection of crime and for disclosure or assistance in accordance with the legal (such as court order) or regulatory authority requirement or for meeting our Company's obligation to comply with any law, regulation, rule or court order within the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("Hong Kong") existing currently and in the future;
5.11 all other matters in relation to the daily operation of Our Company, including but not limited to ensuring the Services are in normal operation, improving the safety and reliability of the Services or technology problem and meeting our Company's obligations arising from or in connection with the provision of the Services;
5.12 collection and preparing statistics the users' data via Cookies for administration and improvement of the Services; and
5.13 protection of Our Company's interest and for all the matters in relation to the above-mentioned purposes.
6. Whenever you are requested by Our Company to provide your personal data, you have the right to decide as to whether you should provide your personal data to Our Company but are not obliged to do so. If you do not provide Our Company with the requested information or if the information provided by you is inadequate or inaccurate, Our Company may not be able to provide you with the Services and you may be unable to enjoy the Services.
Disclosure/Transfer of Personal Data
7. Our Company will not sell your personal data to any third party, but Our Company will disclose or transfer your personal data to Asian Business Software Solutions Pte Ltd and its subsidiaries or associated companies (collectively, the"Group Company") for provision of the Services and/or direct marketing purpose.
8. Our Company will also disclose or transfer your personal data under the following circumstances (whether within or outside Hong Kong, i.e. the personal data may be transferred in and to a place outside Hong Kong):
8.1 Business Parties and Sponsors
The promotions, games or other activities (the"activity") organized by Our Company may be co-organized or sponsored by the third party (the"Business Partners"). Our Company may disclose or transfer your personal data to the Business Partners, but you will be notified in advance, and you shall refer to the specific Terms and Conditions for that particular activity. If you do not want your personal data be disclosed or transferred to the Business Partners, you shall not participate in the activity.
8.2 Potential business partners or sponsors
Our Company may disclose or transfer the statistic results about you and other users (which will not include your personal data sufficient for identification) to the potential business partner or sponsor or other third party, for exploring business opportunities or business development.
8.3 Third party service provider
Our Company may disclose or transfer your personal data to any third party service provider, agent, contractor, sub-contractor, adviser and/or consultant (including its employees, directors and officers) who provides administrative, telecommunication, computer, legal, accounting, financing or other services to Our Company in connection with the business operation, and also to the third party data processor or its agents, upon technical or service providing needs, including but not limited to traffic and statistical services providers, content delivery network providers, cloud services and hosting services providers.
If someone may have committed breaches of Our Company's"Terms and Conditions of Use", or if interests of Our Company or Group Company may have been prejudiced or impeded, or if someone may have been suffered loss by reason of your or other user's improper act (whether with or without intent) (such as infringement of other party's intellectual property by you) or you may have been involving in unlawful act, and Our Company is of the opinion that disclosure of your personal data will contribute to the identification, contact or instituting any legal action against you or other users, Our Company will disclose or transfer your personal data to the related person. In addition, Our Company will disclose your personal data according to the requirement of regulatory authority to which Our Company is subject, or other legal requirement or court order (including disclosure of personal data to any person to whom Our Company is under an obligation or required to make disclosure for the purposes set out in paragraph 5.10 above).
Access to, correction or erasure of personal data
You have the right to access to, request for correction/rectification or erasure of your personal data. Any request shall be made in writing to Our Company's data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. In any event, you have the right to refer any complaint to the relevant authority or to make enquiry with your own solicitors.
Our Company may use your personal data for direct marketing. However, if you do not wish Our Company to use your personal data for direct marketing, please make written request by email to email@example.com.
Our Company will keep your personal data in secret, and will erase personal data which is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they are to be used.
Your membership account or other registered account are password-protected and you are solely responsible for the security of your login password and the information contained in the account. Our Company will not, without your prior consent, ask for your login password via telephone or email, and you should not disclose your login password to any third party. In addition, you are reminded that you shall sign out of your account and close the window of the browser after using the Services so as to prevent others from having access to your personal data.
Our Company shall comply with the requirements under the Ordinance, and shall endeavours to maintain the security and confidentiality of your personal data.
However, if you are under 18 (or if you are EU's individual and under 16) (or person under disability incapable), you shall not provide your personal data to Our Company unless and until you have obtained your parent's or guardian's consent, and as Our Company will collect the users' access information via Cookies, and you can choose not to accept Cookies, but such act may affect certain functioning of Our Website.
If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English version and the Chinese version of this Personal Data Privacy Statement, the English version shall prevail. For question or enquiry about this Personal Data Privacy Statement, please contact Our Company's data protection officer and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.